Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Here I Am

A lot has been going on this week, so I haven't been able to make a proper post, but I'm here now.  Last weekend was K's squadron Christmas party.  It was slightly lame, as usual, which leaves me wondering... Are Christmas parties for work ever really fun???  If someone out there has been to one, let me know that there is hope.  My company's party was the same night, so we were unable to attend both, but word on the street is that it was lame as well.  I didn't take any pictures... wasn't worth it.

Aside from that, I have been desperately trying to finish our Christmas cards and get them mailed, and I'm almost done.  (More on the cards later.)  I also have massage therapy twice a week to try and work out those muscles in my back.  You're probably thinking "No fair!  I want massages twice a week!"  But you're wrong.  This isn't a nice, relaxing massage... it might be torture.  It is painful and cleaning the house is more relaxing than this so-called "massage." 

K has also been sick this week and I have been avoiding his germs like he has the plague.  I don't think it's working because I started to feel that little tickle in my throat last night.  I immediately downed some Emergen-C and gargled with a Listerine/Peroxide mix to kill whatever germies are trying to take root, but I don't think it's working.  My throat has been swollen all day.  I'm praying to the cold/flu gods that they hold off a little longer.  I CAN'T, CAN'T, CAN'T get sick.  Not now.  Not next week either.  After that, I'll gladly take my yearly dose of sniffles, sore throat, coughing, and phlegm.  But next week we are going home and I really do not want to be sick.  Especially because there will be babies around.  And it will be a serious damper on my good time.

K has work this weekend, and my plans are to do nothing, so hopefully there will be some new posts over the weekend.  I have some things I want to share with all of you, so come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment