Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Cards

It looks like my prayers were not answered, because less than 12 hours after I sent up my prayers to the cold/flu gods, I was reduced to an achy, coughing, snot-filled, germ bag.  I guess that's what you get for trying to thwart their plans.  But it did allow me plenty of time to lie around on the couch and finish our Christmas cards.

This year I decided to make our Christmas cards myself.  It was quite a project, but I'm really happy with the way they turned all turned out.  I bought blank folded cards and different embellishments from Michael's and made whatever I could come up with.  I ended up with a bunch of different designs...

Close-ups on two of my favorites:

Finally finished!

And while we're on the subject of Christmas cards, I want to share with all of you a REALLY easy way to show our troops a little love for the holidays.  Xerox is sponsoring a program called "Let's Say Thanks" that allows you to pick out a hand-drawn card and a message to go inside, and they will print and send the card to one of our deployed troops for FREE.  

All you have to do is go to their website, pick the card, enter your name, pick a message and hit send.  It's that easy.  I did it and it really only takes about 20 seconds.  You can't pick who will receive it, but it would be great if every service member who is deployed could receive one, right?

Here is a link to the site: www.letssaythanks.com

We all know that our deployed troops and their families sacrifice a lot, especially during the holidays when they can't always be together.  So show them a little love and then pass it on!  Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. i love the homemade cards idea, i'm a huge scrap booker so i appreciate little "arts and crafts" things like this. BTW this kind of stuff takes way more skill that just "arts and crafts" type skill. Merry Christmas Stephanie and hope you enjoy your time in norcal! PS. love the xerox card idea, i sent one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, thanks! i'm definitely a scrapbooker too! karl used to make fun of me and call me an old lady, but i think he's used to it now! how long will you be home for? are you bringing the bf home? and thanks for doing the card thing! merry christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got mine today and i looove it! it's on my fridge :)

    ReplyDelete