Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super (Baking) Bowl

My husband's all-time favorite team was in the Super Bowl on Sunday.  He has been a dedicated fan of the Green Bay Packers since his early teens.  This season he excitedly watched every game and every playoff in the hopes that his team would make it to the big game.  I have been forced to give up my tv time on multiple occasions because "Babe, the Packers are playing!"  I have sat and snoozed my way through their games all season, because supporting your husband's team is important (or something like that?).  When he watched the final playoff in which the Packers clinched their Super Bowl spot, I sat in the other room and listened to him plead, encourage, and yell at his team through the TV.  But when it comes to the Super Bowl (even though the Packers were playing) I just don't care.

Here are my problems with the Super Bowl:
1. It's too long and I always end up asleep on the couch of whoever is hosting the Super Bowl party I am attending.  And quite frankly, I would rather sleep on my own couch.
2. The commercials might be funny, but I will just end up seeing them a million more times in the weeks following the Super Bowl.
3. The halftime show NEVER lives up to expectations.  Or it goes a little too far beyond (yeah, I'm looking at you, JT and Janet Jackson).
4. I have no emotional attachment to any football teams.  If I did, it would probably be the Packers because that is who I am forced to watch, but even they couldn't convince me to tune in.

So when K headed over to a friend's house to watch the game, armed with chicken wings, chips, and a giant bowl of my homemade guacamole, I immediately went through the TV guide to find anything but football.  And my Super Bowl Sunday consisted of "Mamma Mia!" and baking.  A lot.

I started with some banana muffins... which we will be eating for breakfast for at least a week.


Then moved on to peanut butter cookies... which will be in our lunches all week.


And finished with brownies... which will be our dessert all week.


And luckily I stopped after the brownies, because seriously, sugar overload.  I have a feeling one or both of us will end up taking a container full of goodies to work within the next few days.  I hope everyone had fun at their Super Bowl parties... or whatever it is you did during the game!  And oh yeah, GO GREEN BAY!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie...I absolutely LOVED this....BECAUSE I too had a Super Baking Bowl! I however did all my baking the morning of game day. I made a yummy coffee cake for breakfast, and then I made home made lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting, AND THEN....I made Snickerdoodles! lol! Andrew was sick, and didnt fall asleep till like 4:00am the night before, so he decided of all places that he was going to sleep on the couch in the living room......until like noon! And of course I couldnt make a single noise cause I was disturbing his slumber (which meant TV off)....So...I decided to have a BAKE-A-THON! Meanwhile it was snowing outside....so I was in my jammies, Hot chocolate in hand, in the kitchen baking and watching the snow! It was great! I love baking.....doesnt it just make you feel good....maybe its all the little tastes along the way too! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Well, I hope all your food turned out yummy! And I hope Andrew is feeling better because he can't enjoy all those sweets if he's sick!

    ReplyDelete