Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Max Brenner and Cher

Two weekends ago my mom and little sister came to Vegas, and I was able to cross TWO things off of my 2011 Bucket List - I tried a new restaurant and went to a concert.

In the beginning of January I bribed my mom with Cher tickets in exchange for her visiting me here in Vegas.  She has only been here once and still hadn't seen our new apartment (and I needed some "mommy time") so when I heard that Cher was about to end her concert run here, I figured taking her to a concert would be a pretty good selling point... and it worked!  It was also her birthday present, AND I think she got to cross "Cher concert" off of her lifetime bucket list.  (Many years ago she took me to see Tina Turner and as we were leaving she said she would like to see Cher in concert someday... Little Me stored this away in my memory bank for future use.)

They came in early Saturday morning and my mom was greeted with her very first Edible Arrangement!  K and I LOVE LOVE LOVE these and will use any excuse to buy one.


She also helped me conquer my first sewing project: a cover for my mixer!  It certainly has it's flaws, but not bad for my first project. (And check out that brand new sewing machine!  It was my Christmas present.)
K with mixer cover on his head (for size reference).

On Saturday evening we went to dinner at Max Brenner which is inside the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace.  The full name is "Max Brenner - Chocolate by the Bald Man" and it is DELICIOUS.  Apparently his specialty is chocolate, and it's hard to miss.  We were surrounded (literally) by chocolate everywhere... giant slabs of it right next to our heads, a chocolate shop right behind us, chocolate being mixed in a giant vat, jars of various kinds of chocolate lining the staircase... It was everywhere.  There was even cocoa powder and chili powder on the fries!  (Which is delicious, by the way.)

Little Sister with her fish tacos and chocolate milk.  Yum.
After dinner my mom and I went to the Cher concert.  And let me tell you, that woman really rocks it out.  There were songs spanning her entire career, jaw-dropping outfits, tv clips from her "Sonny and Cher" days and movie clips from all her movies.  I've always known who Cher was and am more familiar with her newer stuff, but I never really realized how much of a legend she is.  She has been doing this since she was a teenager and she is still going strong at 60-something!  Her voice was incredible, but the outfits were even more amazing.  Sequins, wigs, glitter, tons of fabric, makeup, heels, headdresses... INCREDIBLE!  She had a different outfit for every song, and yes, she wore the infamous "If I Could Turn Back Time" black outfit!  It was an amazing show and I'm so glad I got to see it with my mom, who also loved it!


Thank you Mom and Sister for coming to visit K and I!  I had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie! I am so impressed with your mixer cover. Ours always gets dusty and I am forever wiping it down and I have never even thought of making/buying a cover! You have definitely inspired me.
    I feel the same way about mommy time! I am so glad you got to see yours.
    The concert sounds amazing. So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, mine was always dusty too! Vegas is VERY dusty and it seems to be in/on/around everything... I saw covers at the store but they were expensive and I thought "I can do that!" and it turned out to be really easy! I've already been commissioned to make one for my mom!

    ReplyDelete