Sunday, February 20, 2011

Photography Class

One of the items on my 2011 Bucket List was to take a Photography Class.  I see photography as a fun hobby, and I was looking for a way to improve my skills and learn how to use my camera to its full capacity.  I signed up for a class at the College of Southern Nevada and we had our first shooting assignment this week.  This first assignment was about composition and some basic shooting techniques.  Overall I'm happy with what I ended up with, so I thought I would share my photos with all of you.  I won't go into explanations on what the assignments were, but here are the photos (and let me know what you think!):

Rule of Thirds
Background
Balance
Fill frame
Framing
Leading Lines
Simplicity

3 comments:

  1. I love the leading lines photo. I want to take a photography class in the future, we'll see when I actually get time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Everyone in my class was taking pictures of streets or pathways so I was trying to find something different. And the class was difficult for me to get into at first because it was so technical, but it's so much better now that we're taking pictures and putting all that information to use. I'm taking it online because I don't have much free time either, so you should look for something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would, except I'm probably leaving for Afghanistan for a year here in the next two months. :P I'm also working on my masters degree so any time I have for school goes towards that. I would like to take a course in weather photography eventually, so maybe when I get back.

    ReplyDelete