Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Camping... and Poison Oak

Last weekend I decided to take a quick break from my hectic schedule and go to Lake Mendocino and spend a night camping with my friends.  At first I was going to go, and then I wasn't, and then at the last minute I changed my mind again and decided to go for one night.  Well, on my way up to the lake I had a very daunting feeling deep in my bones.  I had a feeling that I shouldn't go because something negative was going to happen.  I didn't know what that thing might be, but whenever I have "a feeling" I try to listen to them.  Because they always turn out to be true.  Always.  It's like a 6th sense.  Ask K.

Anyway, I decided to ignore this feeling and pretend I was just feeling bad about going camping when I should have been doing homework.  As it turns out, my feeling of something ominous about to happen came true, when shortly after returning from camping I came down with the world's worst case of poison oak... ever... in the history of the world.  (Ok, I'm sure there have been worse cases, but when it's on MY face, I get to say it's the worst ever.)

After a visit to the doctor, some shots and a lot of pills, I am slowly on the mend, but still very uncomfortable.  But on the opposite end of this story, is the fact that I had an amazing time with my friends.  Here are some pictures:

Playing games.
Tennis baseball... apparently I'm the worst player ever.
The tennis/baseball outfield... which was other people's campsite.
9:30 am beers.
Tubing.
And for anyone who wants to see it... my terrible poison oak.  This picture really doesn't do it justice, and this is only a small portion of my problem, but there it is.

Despite the terrible aftermath, it was a great trip and I'm so glad I am actually home to enjoy these moments with my friends.  When I wasn't living here, I was always sad that I didn't get to partake in most of the festivities that they planned, but I'm trying to enjoy every minute of my time with them while I can.  Thanks for a great trip guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment