Saturday, June 18, 2011

Birthday Parties

May is a month for birthdays in my family because my niece and both nephews were all born in the same month (two of them within about 12 hours of each other!).  This year we had a big birthday carnival for my niece who turned 1 and nephew who turned 5 at my parent's house.  It was crazy.

party favors
the biggest jump-house ever
birthday boy and birthday girl with mom and dad
having fun with his present
The weekend after the first party, my mom and I flew to Atlanta to celebrate my other nephew's first birthday.  My sister and brother-in-law didn't know I was coming to visit, so it was a great surprise to show up as a "bonus" present.  The party was a relaxed lunch at the park with a "construction" theme.  Aside from the humidity of Atlanta (I thought I was going to melt) it was a great trip!  We enjoyed some really good food, toured the CNN Center, and took my nephew to get his first haircut!
decorations
cake!
"digging" in his cake... he didn't really eat it, more like played with it
(and notice his hair had to pulled back in a pony-tail... it was so long!)
birthday boy after his first haircut with mom and dad
I have never really been able to enjoy spending time with my nieces and nephews because (a) I haven't spent much time at home since they were born or (b) they live on the other side of the country, so the fact that I got to be at birthday parties for all 3 of them was really special.  They are all so precious and I can't wait for more birthday madness next May!

No comments:

Post a Comment