Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lately...

Work has been really great.  We had some kids leave... some for good reasons, and some for not-so-good reasons.  I'm happy for the kids that get to leave (but a little sad to see them go), and really sad for the kids that are sent back to Juvenile Hall/kicked out of the program because they fell back on some old habits.  They are all such great people and just want to learn and grow and I'm so eager to help them.  I love being bombarded by all of their questions about everything from my time in the military to why metal can't go in the microwave.

School is almost over.  I have finished two of my three finals and gotten an A on both of them.  My final final (lol, sorry) is this week and I will officially be done with the semester as of 4:30 Thursday afternoon!  The semester has been so crazy and I'm happy that my schedule will lighten up, but secretly a little sad it will be over.  I've had so much fun learning about all of this new stuff and the super-busy schedule has helped me get through the last two months in the blink of an eye.  Wish me luck on my last final!

I watched a really great movie a few weeks ago called "Away We Go".  It came out awhile ago but I never got a chance to see it until now and I LOVE IT.  It's my new favorite movie.  It has John Krasinski (from The Office) and Maya Rudolph (from SNL/Bridesmaids) and was written by Dave Eggers who is one of my favorite authors.  They play a young couple expecting their first child who are looking for a place to call their home.  It is so subtle and hilarious and perfect.  If you haven't seen it, go rent it.

I haven't gotten to spend much time with my friends lately given my super-busy schedule.  I'm hoping that I can enjoy the last of this summer weather with them.  I will be moving back to Las Vegas before I know it, so I hope that we can all take advantage of the time we have together while I'm so close.  I know that once I leave it will be back to the old routine of only seeing them once or twice a year (if I'm lucky).  And the same goes for my family, because really, how could you resist these two cuties?

My niece rocking some Harry Potter glasses.
My nephew licking the leftovers of some cake-baking.
Finally... we've made it halfway!  We're about three months into K's deployment, which leaves us with three months to go!  It's hard to believe I haven't seen (not counting Skype of course) or touched him in three months, but I am so ready to tackle the second half of this deployment.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your final final! Not that you need it. :P

    And I think its great that you guys have Skype and all this fancy technology that really does make time fly (as much as it can when you're counting every second of every day that it gets closer to him returning...) I think you guys are awesome for being so dedicated, and definitely give you props for staying positive and active while he's been gone. I know it can be tough. :)

    ReplyDelete